1. Hope Air Travel
- provides free flights to people who cannot afford the cost of an airline ticket to get to medical expertise or specialized medical technologies that usually exist only in larger urban centres.
For more information, please call 1-877-346-4673 or visit the website at www.hopeair.org
2. La Crete
Guest home within walking distance to the university hospital in Edmonton.
- 6 guests bedrooms, master suite and overflow room off master suite
- 2 large dining rooms, living rooms/sitting rooms
- continental breakfast provided
- kitchen fully equipped to prepare your own meals
- linens and towels provided
- wireless internet
- pick-up and drop off service to and from the hospital is available
For more information, please call 780-821-9044 or 780-926-6451 or 780-988-2250 or 587-335-1952
3. Alberta Seniors - Special Needs Assistance
maximum benefit $5,000/year based on income at $25,100 or less for single senior and $40,800 or less for senior couple.
medical travel only one component of special needs assistance
the maximum is for total special needs assistance
For more information, please visit the website at: www.seniors.gov.ab.ca